Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
23 1 1
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Jack and general Audio serious problem

Pavilion Sleekbook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

For a while now, my headphones that I usually plug into the audio jack are not working at all. I have tried several headphones, but it makes no difference. The only way audio will come out is through a usb headphone, usb adapter, or through the speakers (and also come out of the headphones at the same time) . I've downloaded and redownloaded my audio devices and I'm completely frustrated at this point. I've noticed that my speakers are set to go through the audio jack as well, and thought disabling them would stop this problem. But I was wrong. Nothing. I'm slowly getting more and more annoyed as the days go on without an answer. Please, I just need an answer. I need my headphones to work again. I've been having way too many problems lately, but this is by far the worst. The weirdest thing is, for about a few days it was magically fixed after an update, but reverted!? I don't understand, and I can't stand it anymore.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
1071 54 138
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Makota,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that the audio is not playing properly through your headphones that are plugged into your HP Pavilion 15 Sleekbook. I would like to assist you in resolving this issue.

To begin, please perform a hard reset. Once that is complete, please follow the steps from these audio troubleshooting documents:

HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers

HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems

(I'm aware these are Windows 8 documents but most of the steps will be the same for Windows 10)

For specific information please provide the product number.

Finding Your HP Product Number

I look forward to the results! If this information was helpful click the thumbs up.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
23 1 1
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. 

Yes, I performed a hard reset, but everything is the same. All my issues still persist. One thing that aggravates me is that I am unable to download the Realtek Audio Driver in place of my AMD audio driver. When I download it, it says it's downloaded but does not show up in my drivers. I'm extremely upset at the outcome of the hard reset and following all the steps to fix this problem. I just don't understand why one day it worked perfectly, and the next day it did not. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
1071 54 138
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Makota,

Thank you for the reply, 

What is the product number of your notebook?

Finding Your HP Product Number

I will be able to give you more information on how to install the driver you want / a different driver to get the audio working.

I will await your reply.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
23 1 1
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My product number is D8X45UA#ABA

Thank you, I hope there's a solution to this.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
1071 54 138
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Makota,

Thank you for the information!

I took a look at the driver page for your notebook and it looks like the most up to date drivers are installed using the Windows update utility on your computer.

HP Pavilion 15-b119wm Sleekbook Drivers

But there is another way, try downloading the audio driver from this link:

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Version:6.10.6492.0

Use this method to install:

1. Download the file

2. Click the windows key + R

3. Type devmgmt.msc and then click OK

4. Click the view tab, then on hidden devices

5. Click on the little + beside Sound, video and game controllers

6. Right-click on the audio controller, then click properties

7. Go to the Driver tab

8. Click on Update Driver

9. Select the option that says Browse my computer for driver software

10. The file will be located at C:\SWSetup\sp64182 The path will be: Computer OS (C: ) SWSETUP sp64182 (Make sure the check box called Include subfolders is checked)

11. Click Next

12. Reboot the computer

Let me know how it goes!

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
23 1 1
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, what do you mean by 'Audio Controller'?

The list of ones I have are a bunch of microsoft streaming, which showed up when I cicked hidden devices, along with AMD High Definition Audio device, and High definition audio device. I'll attempt with AMD high definition Audio Device and let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
23 1 1
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It didn't work, it says best device aready installed.  I must have chosen the wrong one then.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
1071 54 138
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Makota,

Use the one at the top of the available devices, which is most likely the AMD High Definition device.

After you click update driver be sure to choose the option that says "Browse my computer for driver software" and not "Search automatically for updated driver software." 

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
23 1 1
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions and chose AMD High Definition Audio Device, updated and made sure to browse computer, yet it says 'The best driver software for your device is already installed.'

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation