cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mclw
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Audio/volume and brightness indicators not showing up

HP Recommended

Hi there, I'm using  HP Pavilion dv2, Windows 7 Premium 32bit.

These 2-3 days I realize the audio/volume (fn+f6 up to f8) and brightness (fn+f1 & f2) indicators aren't showing up everytime I adjusted the volume and brightness. As far as I know, I didn't get any windows update related to volume or brightness displays and drivers.

Some have suggested to reinstall the audio driver (IDT Codec) or the HP OSDs (sp51701.exe  or other versions of that). 

So, what am I supposed to do? Are there any other way to solve this easily?

I need the exact thing to do and to download (what version of sp should I get, the link, etc.)..

Thank you in advance. And sorry for the messy English!

-mclw-

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jkn48167
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my DV6t

0 Kudos
BHK6
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 340 870
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi mclw and jkn48167,

I saw your posts and I will be happy to help. mclw, you are right you do need the HP On Screen Display download and I have included a link to it below. Install that and let me know how it goes.

HP On Screen Display Utility:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-106851-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

If I can get your product number, I will provide a link to the latest IDT audio drivers if needed.

Find your product number on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
mclw
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi BHK6,

Thanks for the solution and HP OSD link. It worked fine after the installation and now I can see the indicators again (with different display styles compared to the old one)! I guess you don't need my product number and the latest IDT audio drivers for this one, right?

So thank you once again. But I was wondering, why did it happen in the first place? If you know, please tell/explain so it won't happen again in the future.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation