cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mksinnc
Level 1
9 4 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Avermedia Tuners & TimeWarner Cable

HP Recommended

After almost a year of attempts(see earlier posts from 8/8/2010) to get support for the internal tuner in my DV8t notebook, HP engineers FINALLY admitted they have no drivers and no schedule for issuing drivers. The initial tuner was an Avermedia PCI-E A177. I have been unable to find out the model of the replacement tuner. It is another Avermedia tuner. I spent hours & hours on chat/phone and two shipments back--second time with a "no trouble found" notice. I had no computer for almost 5 weeks. They almost managed to wait out my warranty coverage. It took escalation to a case manager, letter to the CEO, and a second opinion case manager before I managed to get an external tuner as a replacement under warranty. Not exactly satisfactory but it does work. Needless to say, it was not an Avermedia tuner.

My situation was complicated by having 64bit Win Pro 7, lots of software just isn't ready for 64bit.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation