Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

BIOS Administrator Password

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I need the BIOS Administrator Password for my laptop. I am well aware that it cannot be reseted the usual way with CMOS but in this case I need to get in touch with HP which I did.

I don't understand why it is so hard to go through with this, I have been asked for a purchase bill for the laptop which was purchased 3-4 years ago, how is this even possible? Why do other companies are so simple to get along with?

What is the problem to just help me reset the BIOS Administrator Password? Can someone else offer some help, please?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 7
740 739 90 158
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI.

If you have already tried to randomly enter a password three times and do not give a code from here little or nothing can be done, except to contact HP, is all you can do, there is no possible way to skip this security step.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried what you said but unfortunately after 4 unsuccessful tries the system gets locked and needs to be restarted. I have tried to get in touch with HP but how can I provide a document I do not have and most likely anyone does not have after 3-4 years? This is completely unreasonable.

Highlighted
Level 7
740 739 90 158
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand, but it is always recommended to register the product, in security matter they have to be like this, I do not want you to understand me wrong I do not doubt that it is up to you but understand that they need documents to help you.

Regards.

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No no, I am not arguing with you mate just trying to understand the concept here, laptops change hands frequently, either get sold, lost or anything else. This is not a sustainable system, to require the purchase bill from the client, maybe it's a resale from Ebay or any other online based site, does not make any sense to me at all.

Appreciate your help, but this is the last HP purchase I will be doing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
740 739 90 158
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sorry, Regards.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation