cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Josefn Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS boot setting

Elite x2
Other

Hello,
I have to install Elite x2 from network and I would like have secure BIOS settings as possible. So I disabled "USB Storage Boot" and try to boot from network connected through dock and USB-C.  Should or should not it work?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
18,540 16,498 1,536 3,665
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS boot setting

Josefn

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

HP only warranties their PC for use with the original OS that comes preinstalled on the product.  If you install a different OS, the warranty is no longer valid.

Furthermore, the ONLY media certified for use with HP products is HP Recovery Media -- and that can NOT be used from a network connection;  instead, you have to insert the DVD or USB media into the laptop and boot from it.

What you are attempting to do is outside the purvey of HP support.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Josefn Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS boot setting

Hello,
thanks for your answer. Sorry, but I have original preinstaled OS from HP and I want to boot from network with with BIOS settings mentioned above. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation