Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
macio232 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS corruption after BIOS update

EliteBook 2560p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Model: HP EliteBook 2560p

Original OS: Windows 7

Current OS: Windows 7 64 bit

Problem:

I tried to update the BIOS using this file:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5071202&swItemId=ob_167641_1&swEnvOid=405...

Released:3 Jun 2016
Version F.62 Rev.A

After performing BIOS update with sp76188.exe (7.7 MB) the system won't boot. No power problems occurred during the procedure.

I have tried creating recovery USB Key, power up pressing Win+b, but the only effect is Caps Lock blinking and CPU fan working.

Solutions for Phoenix BIOS won't work, because it isn't Phoenix BIOS, am I right? Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Best regards,

macio232

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
153 5 6
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

please use the link below to download the link for latest drivers

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5071202&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060

Please be advised there may be chances you will loose complete data while bios recovery 

please download the bios file on empty USB Stick and create USB recovery by running that file from the USB drive

then follow the instructions as below:

with the USB recovery media inserted on the unit 

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.
  3. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off.
  4. Still pressing the Windows and B keys, press and hold down the Powerbutton on the notebook for 1 second, and then release the Powerbutton and the keys.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vijay
0 Kudos
macio232 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It doesn't work. Caps Lock starts blinking and after a while CPU fan start working. Screen remains black. Should I wait?

The BIOS isn't corrupted totally. I can enter BIOS options, I can boot from Windows installation DVD, I can install Windows, but when it comes to booting from hard drive it doesn't work. It's a new hard drive and before BIOS update it was working completly fine.

Is there anything I can do?

0 Kudos
macio232 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI -> Firmware Management -> BIOS Rollback -> Rollback Now.

I get:

"The System BIOS rollback faild

Unable to open BIOS Signature file"

BIOS was downloaded from official HP site, and .sig files are located in proper folders. What is the cause and how to solve it?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation