Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jcinalberta Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS update support required

XG946UA#ABC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought RAM memory from HP (part Number 641369-001). My computer has 4 GB in RAM and I want to upgrade to 8 GB in RAM so I got two memory units. 

The instruction indicate that I should update the BIOS of my compuiter. I looked information from the the HP support web page, about how to update the BIOS, sadly there is nothing. 

Could somebody, please indicate how I should update the BIOS of my computer?

Thanks in advance

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @jcinalberta,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I read that you need a how to restore the BIOS to factory settings on your HP G62-359CA Notebook. You could restore the BIOS to factory defaults, as this has helped others with this issue. Here is a document that will show you how to do this.

Please get back to me how this goes.

Please click the Accept as Solution, to the right of the Thumbs up icon, if your issues is resolved.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
74 72 5 6
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Juan,

Pls check out below link to get the BIOS for your platform

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-g62-300-notebook-pc-series/4247529/model/4323503#...

When you click "downlaod", there will be two options--Use HP Download and Install Assistant (HPSA) or Download Only. Pls try HPSA first, if it is not working, then re-download and select the second one "download" only. . Once downloaded, just follow the on screen instruction.  Pls remember to plug in your AC adapter when you do the BIOS update.   Unit may reboot and ask if you want to proceed, accept yes.  After a while, unit may appear off. Pls do not try to press the power button if unit appears off  or remove the AC adapter. It will power on again and proceed the rest of the BIOS update. Remove the adapter or press power button may cause update failure.

I work for HP. I'm here to help you! In case the solution provided work, pls do not forget to give the Kudos!!

ET1111. I work for HP; I'm here to help
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately in this solution I didn't find the process to reinstall the BIOS. The section presented by the expert explain how to get acess to the BIOS utility and reboot options. Could you please indicate what section explains how to reinstall the BIOS of my computer?

If I reinstall the BIOS, will my computer loss the software currently installed?

Thanks in advance

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ET1111,

Hope this message finds you well. I tried to implement the solution you provided to reinstall the BIOs and enjoy the new RAM memory I bought from HP. Unfortunatelly I did not find the option "Download and Install Assistant (HPSA)" in the web page you indicated : http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-g62-300-notebook-pc-series/4247529/model/4323503#...

So please I would I appreciate if you could indicate and specific link where I could see and dowload the BIOS that corrrespond to my HP computer.

All the best

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation