Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vikesh_navin Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS version update

Envy 15 j-052nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im running windows 10 now. Should i update my BIOS version or not at all?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
226 222 21 55
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS version update

Hi @Vikesh_navin,

It's not compulsory to update BIOS post Win10 Upgrade. 

You may continue to use the unit as it is. And as of now BIOS update is not available for Win10 on hp website.

Please find below the drivers link for HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j052nr Notebook PC.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-touchsmart-15-j000-notebook-pc-series/535498...

I hope that answers your question. :)

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos
Vikesh_navin Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS version update

If i dont update does it influence on the windows 10 perfomance? When is coming out bios update for windows 10?

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
226 222 21 55
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS version update

Hi @Vikesh_navin,

It Will not effect Win10 performance.

BIOS update for Win10 will be available soon for your unit and you may refer to earlier given link to check the availability.

I hope that answers your question. :)

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation