cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
devoker
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

[BSOD] HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

HP Recommended

Product Name HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Product Number A3G61AV

Operating System MS Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Error Message

Critical Events (8)

- Windows "Windows Stopped Working" (1)

- Windows "Video Hardware Error" (6)

- Windows "Shut down unexpectedly"

Please notify me if you need additional information for these reports.

I do not remember making any changes when this started happening. The first time it blue screened, a week or two after I got the laptop, I let it restart and continued on hoping it would not happen again. It happens almost daily now, even when graphic intensive programs are not being ran.

In addition all of my video drivers are up to date.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Danjen
Level 9
2,520 2,518 150 517
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have switchback graphics and the intel part of the graphic solution will use some of your system memory.  I would start you notebook and tap the F10 key and enter the diagnostics and run the hard drive and memory test.  You may even want to download a memory test program that you can run overnight like memtest86:

http://www.memtest.org/

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

0 Kudos
devoker
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ran the memory test and it said it passed. Was it supposed to do something? I did not run the hard drive test.

I will run the memtest86 overnight and respond with the results tomorrow morning.

0 Kudos
Danjen
Level 9
2,520 2,518 150 517
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It never hurts to run the hard drive test.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation