cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MerryOx Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BSOD "Memory Management" errors

ENVY Touchsmart 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ENVY Touchsmart 17 model# M7-J120DX

Core i7 - 4700MQ CPU, 2.40 GHx, 2401 Mhz, 4 Cores

UEFI Dignostics Memory Test fails

Failure ID: 9XQ2LK-76T89C-RXGH6J-400E03

I've tried removing and re-seating the memory modules, and still get the BSOD "Memory Management" error most commonly, and once I got "Critical Process Died" error.

Is the memory likely bad?

Can I get away with replacing one memory module, or will I need to replace both 4G modules?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BSOD "Memory Management" errors

Hi @MerryOx,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂 Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand you were getting a blue screen with this error message "Memory Management". You ran the hardware test and came back with the failure ID: 9XQ2LK-76T89C-RXGH6J-400E03.  You have tried reseating the ram to not avail. When I checked the code, this is what it came back with" Memory Module Failure (no DIMM id)"  You can try removing one module and then booting up to see if that one works and then try the other one to determine which one is at fault. Should you like to replace the memory here is a link to the HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Notebook PC HP ENVY TouchSmart 17 Notebook PC Maintenan... Please see chapter 3,page 22, item 22 for the recommended replacements. Please also note chapter 1.page 2 for the recommended configurations.  

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation