Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ivo_Petrov Tutor
Tutor
16 11 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit keyboard upgrade

Pavilion 15-p253nu
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I think for upgrade of the keyboard, but I want to know is it possible to upgrade it with backlit keyboard?

My machine is Pavilion 15-p253nu, W7x64.

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit keyboard upgrade

Hi @Ivo_Petrov,

Thank you for your query.

I understand that you would like to upgrade your keyboard.  The keyboard is integrated into your top  cover, so you would need to replace the top cover, to replace the keyboard.  Here is a link to the :

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

Please note chapter 3, page 18, item 2 for the recommended replacements.  Please be aware that this is not considered a customer replaceable part. Chapter 6 is" Removal and replacement procedures for Authorized Service Provider parts"   and has the removal procedure if you choose to do it yourself. 

To say thanks for replying, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.  If you feel that I have answered your query, please choose "Accepted Solution" to help other members and visitors alike find this information, should they have the same query.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Ivo_Petrov Tutor
Tutor
16 11 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit keyboard upgrade

Unfortunately when I opened my laptop, I didn't see where to connect the second cable for the backlit keyboard, so I cannot do the upgrade that I planned. I think that the place for second cable should be next to the place for the touchpad, but there is only empty space...

Thanks for the quick response!

Best regards,

Ivo Petrov

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit keyboard upgrade

Hi  @Ivo_Petrov,

Thank you for your reply.

If you look at chapter 6, page 52, of the maintenance and service guide, it will show you the location of the cables for the top cover, which includes the keyboard.  If your replacement requires an  additional connection, then it would not be compatible.

To say thanks for replying, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.  If this has answered your query, please choose "Accepted Solution' to help others who may have the same query.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation