cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gruhls Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit keyboard

Envy 15-j007cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I changed the OS on my Envy 15-j007cl to Windows 7 (64bit).  I've gotten everything to work save two issues:

1)  It's missing one driver (Validity Fingerprint Sensor); USB\VID_138A&PID_0050&REV_0060.  I've downloaded the driver from links I've found here, but it still shows as missing.  The fingerprint reader still doesn't work, but I'm not sure if this OS supports the fingeprint reader.  Does anyone know if the fingerprint reader is supported with Win 7?

2)  The keyboard backlighting no longer works.  This is actually more of an issue to me than the fingerprint reader.  Can someone tell me if this is due to a missing driver or something else?

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,194
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit keyboard

Hi @gruhls,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. With downgrading your HP ENVY 15-j007cl Notebook you might need to change the BIOS. I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.

You could try the Download here, under the Software-Security, as it is for Windows 7 and should work fine.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!   :generic:

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
gruhls Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit keyboard

Hi Mrstenter,

When I click F10 after turning on my computer, my Main screen doesn't look anything like the screen in the Resetting Defaults in BIOS instructions from the link you posted.  I don't have an option to Restore Defaults.  The instructions say that they are for HP Notebook PCs using UEFI BIOS.  Is it possible that my computer isn't using UEFI BIOS?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,194
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit keyboard

Hi @gruhls,

No, unless you have downloaded something from a different site?

If you need to download it from here under BIOS and Utility has the UEFI software. Its Windows 8 but it will work for you.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
gruhls Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit keyboard

Hi Mrstenter,

Not sure what's happening. but when I try to download the Bios Update and the the UEFI support environment, nothing happens.  I've downloaded drivers & software from this page before, they downloaded just fine.

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,194
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit keyboard

Hi @gruhls,

I only can think that changing the OS has done something that you are not seeing in the Notebook. You could call us http://ow.ly/Xa6p5 They will be happy to try to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation