Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (207 Views)

Bad Experience

[ Edited ]

To whom it may concern,

I am absolutely disgusted with my experience with my new HP laptop. I purchased a laptop for school, and I had the computer only a few days before I got tired of having trouble. My PC runs extremely slow and it resets to a default proxy every time I am online. Not to mention my brand new laptop did not appear as though it was new. There were multiple scratches along the keys and bottom of the laptop. When I called hp tech support they stated that my computer must be slow because I had a virus. I don’t know how I would’ve picked up a virus with virus protection that fast? I was told even though my computer was under a warranty that I would have to pay $199.00 for technical support for a year. Reluctantly I did because this laptop is a necessity for my school. After spending an hour on with technical support my computer was operating the same way. I called tech support once again and the tech showed me how to manually adjust proxy settings (which I already knew how to do). In other words nothing at all was fixed now I’m stuck with a lousy computer, and out another $200 on top of what the laptop cost. I don’t know if the satisfaction of your “little” customers matters to such a large company, but I am truly disheartened by all of this. As it stands now I will never purchase another hp or recommend them to anyone. I’m a single mom saving for a surgery, and putting myself through school. I don’t have money to be frivolous with. Most disappointing I really feel like I was taken advantage of as I don’t believe the laptop was truly new. I hope things change in the future customers should not be treated like this.  

Abby Connelly

[edited personally identifiable information] 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (196 Views)

Re: Bad Experience

mommy89,

I have sent you a Private Message (PM) regarding this matter. To view your PM's, please refer to "How to check your messages."

Regards,

eric-g

I worked for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation