Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (623 Views)

Battery - 0% available (plugged in, charging)

Product Name: Pavilion 15 Notebook PC P007TX
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am facing some problem in my laptop since last three days, battery is not getting charged and showing message as "0% available (plugged in, charging)" but the level is not increasing from zero and PC is not turning on without plugging in the cord. I think this has happened due to the last windows update three days ago as this problem occuring after that event. I tried resetting the windows but problem not solved. Please help me with the solution.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (606 Views)

Re: Battery - 0% available (plugged in, charging)

Rahul1726

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

This could be a combination of a failed battery and a failing charger.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00363266?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0006

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217

Please report back here what you find ...

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (569 Views)

Re: Battery - 0% available (plugged in, charging)

Thank You for your reply.

I followed the links provided by you and I found that AC adapter is working as my laptop is turning on even after I take out the battery and plug in the AC adapter. Even in battery there are no clear indications of it being failure and prior to this problem battery was perfectly fine and backup was also pretty good. This has happend all of a sudden when the windows was updated. Please suggest can there be any software problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation