cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BeasterXnova Top Student
Top Student
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Calibration

Pavilion dv7-7023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! So I just bought a new replacement battery from a different company (Batterheads-TechFuel) because my original notebook battery's life was done for(after 3 years). The new battery works perfectly fine and fits with my laptop, but it just won't calibrate. I tried various options, including using the Battery Calibration method from UEFI, manual calibration, calibration methods from Tech Fuel, and HP Support Assisstant. 

About a few days ago though, I realized my new battery says MO(that is a capitalized letter o)0(the number zero)6(MO06), where my original notebook battery says MO09. They are the same type of battery just for my notebook, but could this difference lead to calibration issues that I'm still currently having? Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
41,119 39,595 6,159 10,691
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Calibration

That is one of the downsides of buying a third party battery. They are cheaper but do not work with all HP applications. Calibration is not really necessary if the battery is charging and you feel like the meter is accurate. 

BeasterXnova Top Student
Top Student
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Calibration

Ah so that could be the problem...hmph...alright thank you!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation