cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Akoku Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Calibration

Pavilion g6 notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer keep shutting down without warning or nottification. I have tried to calibrate the battery using the utility in HP Assistant and PCDiagnos without any success, can you help?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
41,120 39,596 6,159 10,694
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Calibration

How old is the battery?

0 Kudos
Akoku Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Calibration

The battery is 8 months old and it charges very well it's just that at 42% the computer shuts down without the usual notification.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
41,120 39,596 6,159 10,694
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Calibration

what happens when you try to run the calibration utility? Have you run the battery health test in UEFI diagnostics? (F2 as you power up)? If the laptop is only 8 mos old the battery is still under warranry

0 Kudos
Akoku Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Calibration

The calibration utility says the battery is ok. I have tried the UEFI diagnostics but  I was unable to complete the process because the computer shutdown before the battery is fully drained out, and despite he fact that I have disabled power management settings to  aviod premature shutdown.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation