Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JLynnBhart1994 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Charge

HP 2000 Notebook PC
I just used my laptop last night, and logged off/shut down as normal. I went to turn it on today and it wont start. It keeps flicking the light on the power button and the light by the actuall plug starts white when I plug it in and then turns red. Its been "charging" for 3 hours and still nothing. The charger pack is warm so it is getting power. So not really sure what to do.... please help!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Teacher
Teacher
70 2 10
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Charge

Try taking the laptop battery out of the laptop and starting it without it. If your laptop powers up normally then it is a problem with the battery chemistry and may need to be replaced. Laptops can function just fine without the battery, it functions the same as a desktop would. If you unplug it, it does a forced shutdown

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation