Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fomorach Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Check : Primary - Replace (42) | Failure ID: GLQ31R - 76B868 - MFPV7F - C0CR03

The battery stopped charging and even if I leave it plugged it will lose 1% charge every other day. I'm down to 4%

The system model is:

Product name:HP ENVY 15 x360 PC
Product number:G6T84UA#ABA

I ran battery diagnostics and got this:

Battery Check : Primary - Replace (42)

Failure ID: GLQ31R - 76B868 - MFPV7F - C0CR03

The computer is 1.5 years old. It is strange the battery has been damaged.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
74018 73908 8999 19371
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Check : Primary - Replace (42) | Failure ID: GLQ31R - 76B868 - MFPV7F - C0CR03

@fomorach wrote:

... It is strange the battery has been damaged.

Hi,

Sounds like you've got a very serious hardware promlem.  Sadly to say: Most of the time the 24 char failure id indicates the HDD is failing and need to be replaced. Is it still under warranry ? If Yes, please call HP for a replacement.

In the US:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

or HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
fomorach Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply,

Are you sure the problem is the Hard Drive? I have not had an issue with it and the test says it is the battery that needs to be replaced. I noticed you mentioned 24 failure ID but it is actually 42.

If it is the battery, who can do the actual replacement? Since it is an internal battery i do not want to open the laptop myself.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
74018 73908 8999 19371
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The title and from your post:

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
fomorach Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please note the rest of the information. I ran specifically a Battery test and not a Hard drive test:

Battery Check : Primary - Replace (42)

I am out of warranty so want to understand what I need to do to replace this if needed.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation