Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (403 Views)

Battery Check Primary Replace

Product Name: HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Received Primary Replace 42 error.

Product name:HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook
Product number:M0U21AV
BIOS:F.54-09/22/2015
Keyboard revision:91.18
Total memory:16.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

I purchased this laptop some time ago and started finally using it about 4 months ago (Work and a 2 yr old leaves little time to set-up a new machine and move everything over).  In October, I noticed my battery wouldn't keep a charge for long so I used my back-up battery to find the same issue was happening.  I finally got the chance to check for diagnostics today to receive this error.  I'm very concerned as my warranty officially expired on 11/6.

Please advise what can be done.  I'm really hoping an exception can be made as the issue began in October.

ID: PSKWTQ-7P18A7-MFPWLK-C0ER03

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (365 Views)

Re: Battery Check Primary Replace

Dear Customer,

After seeing the first instance of an HP Battery Alert message, you should consider replacing your battery with a new battery soon.

What if I continue to use the battery after seeing the HP Battery Alert message?

As with all rechargeable batteries, your battery will continue to gradually lose storage capacity with time and use. This loss of capacity will continue even after the HP Battery Alert appears, so continued use of the battery could result in an unplanned system shutdown

How long is the battery warranty?
Most HP notebook computer batteries are warranted for a period of one (1) year from the later of the notebook computer manufacture date or the date on your valid proof of purchase.

Please contact HP and see if they can give you an exceptiion: 

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

For more information and detailed instructions about the HP Battery Check, see the document for your operating system:

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (351 Views)

Re: Battery Check Primary Replace

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm just not understanding as I have replaced the rechargeable battery and it did not work.  Could I really have 2 bad batteries from HP?  What exactly is a 42 error?

Also I was under the impression that the replaceable battery was the secondary, is that incorrect?

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation