Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So I have HP Pavilion X2 for almost 1,5 years now. while I like this laptop but been having several problem since I bought it

Anyway, now my battery level indicator is different when I checked on HP Hardware Diagnostic and inside Windows
The difference is quite random, sometimes it's up to 20%
So that means inside Windows it show 40% but HP Hardware Diagnostic it actually 20% left

Also for info, the battery have 23% wear level from HWMonitor

I tried reset laptop, reinstall driver, update bios, even recalibrate  battery

but the problem still presist
Now my question is, does my laptop battery is failing?
Because it's not even 2 years yet and my warranty just already expired on March 2017

I just want the battery level indicator same again all across diagnostic

So any help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @SupaOgee,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with the battery indicator not showing right level on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

First of all, Hats off to you for a job well done as you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps and checked settings on the unit, before posting the query in the HP forums. It is amazing to see how technically competent you are. It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy customers like you.

Since you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery drivers from Device manager, as well as updating the Bios and still having the issue. Let's try running a test on the battery from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply

The failure ID from UEFI Diagnostic say OK, though there are two things to note
1. When battery level more than 80%, the battery check give a warning text. Always say okay below that
2. I can't do AC Adapter test because it always say Adapter not plug in

And I noticed the battery age was almost 700 days, is this normal? Because I bought this laptop not even 2 years ago

Link for the UEFI pictures

http://i68.tinypic.com/orrq74.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/ke7of6.jpg

HP Recommended

@SupaOgee

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

As I understand the Battery Indicator is not Showing Right Level,

You haven't done the AC adapter test because it shows the message that it isn't detected or plugged in, however, if and when you do the test, it would give you a failure ID which can be used to help replace the part,

That said, the battery age is approximate or not accurate, if you've been able to try with an alternate adapter and that doesn't work either, please Contact HP to get the battery replaced under HP warranty (free of charge if your battery is still covered by the warranty).

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.