cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rator Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Not Charging at times

Hi,

Im having the problem of "battery not charging" though it is plugged in. I do see this has been addressed, but I am noticing that this problem is intermittent.

I'm using a HP Compaq 69-10 with Windows 7

I noticed this a few weeks ago. The laptop would be plugged in but not charging. At it seemed to lose a little power slowly.

It would drop to 99 percent charged or even a little lower despite being plugger in.

I tried shutting down, rebooting, different sockets,  booting up with battery uninstalled, and booting up on battery without being plugged in.

It went away once but I dont recall exactly what I did. Then it came back. Today it was down to 95 percent, then suddenly fully charged without me noticing.

I often put my computer in sleep mode by closing cover without shutting down. Could this be related?

Also what about plugging in headphones? That's the only thing I did different today and then I noticed it fully charged.

Any ideas on what I can do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
rator Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Not Charging at times

As a follow up. Today the power is down to 99 % "plugged in not charging"

The computer (notebook) has been plugged in.  I didnt shutdown over night but closed cover, and that puts it in sleep mode. I believe this problem may be related to the computer being put in sleep mode.

Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation