cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rragane Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery OK, not charging, no charging LED, replacement Smart adaptor under powered

Envy dv6-7214nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some time have received the error message regarding under power smart adaptor with newer replacement HP adaptor matching original.  Battery icon lists % charge & "not charging".  Battery tests good in HP Support Assistant battery check.  Power adaptor will power my older Pavillion laptop but not  the Envy with or without battery installed.  Battery charging LED does not light.  Have tried re-calibration by deleting Microsoft devices in Device Manager.  Envy will operate with and without battery while using Dell power adaptor.

Computer repair shop says Smart adaptor produces 0 voltage (even though it powers Pavillion) and I need a new battery (even though diagnostic test indicates good).

Help!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 713 1904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery OK, not charging, no charging LED, replacement Smart adaptor under powered

Hi @rragane,  

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that with the HP replacement adapter, you get a message regarding an underpowered smart adapter, although it matches the specifications of the original. It will power your older Pavilion laptop but not the Envy.

Here are links to aid with testing the power adapter and the battery. 

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Another link that may help is HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge. There was also a recall on a power cord, so I am including a link to help you determine if it concerns the one you have.  HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program Announced August 26, 2014

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation