cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Battery Replacement for Older Version Envy 17t 3200 Even Available Anymore!?

HP Recommended
Envy 17t - 3200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. I've yet to have an issue with my HP 17 but as all people who use their laptops on a daily basis, the battery will inevitably die. However, ordering this model back in June of 2012, I was excited to have spent the +2000 of money for a decked out laptop I know I could trust for 5+ years. Down the road, no issues and loving it! However its now time for the battery to be replaced cause it can barely keep a charge for 20 min. I order a new HP 17 battery and while it seemed weird in shape, I thought it would fit. Boy was I wrong! It was for a newer HP Envy 17 and returning it here these upcoming days and now I'm searching and seeing there is no spport for this battery anymore. Like, at all. I'm looking and seeing it for astronomical prices and I can't justify that to be honest. It says the spare battery "657503-001 CT: 6CDYHO7BB2TORE" is no longer being made. I find this very frustrating for a company to change the design (apparently it happened in 2014 or so) and abandon those who spent a large sum on their comuter just to have it completely absolete in 4 years. My coverage went out in 2014 when I had no issues with the laptop or the battery and now that the only issue is the battery and I can't even find it, I feel like I seriously don't want to come back to this company for my laptop usage. Especially if I am going to be charged money just to talk to them for just a simple battery replacemnt that takes less than 5 min. I've seen this take WEEKS once sent in due to not finding it and I'm feeling that I should just get a new laptop somewhere else if I can't replace this unit's main source of staying alive.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,396 2,321
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @ampersanders,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Thanks and Regards

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation