cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gina19
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Replacement

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab08

Hi,

My laptop has recently decided to die on me. Convient timing to considering i have end of year exams at uni.

Anyway, when my laptop is plugged in the charging icon says its 'plugged in, but not charging' and as soon as i take my charger out the laptop goes off.

I am aware i proabably just need to buy  a new battery, but i am struggling to find a place to buy one from.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
40,517 40,304 6,318 11,010
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Replacement

This is the HP Part number assuming your model number is 15-abxxxaa where x is a number and a is a letter:

(18) Battery (4-cell, 41-Whr, 2.8-Ah Li-ion) 800049-001

Your English usage ("uni") leads me to think you are either from Canada, UK maybe Australia, am I close? Need to know to direct you to a place to get the battery. If I am wrong and you are in the US, here on amazon.com:

Genuine HP:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-800049-001-Pavilion-800009-241-N2L84AA/dp/B01FLMR8RO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...

compatible 3rd party:

https://www.amazon.com/LIBOWER-HSTNN-LB6S-HSTNN-LB6T-800049-001-Pavilion/dp/B0179AV0YI/ref=sr_1_18?i...

Post back with your location (country only) if these will not work for you.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation