Note on archived topics.
10-30-2016 09:11 PM
I just received a notification that my "capacity of battery is from low to very low... consider replacement battery now". I'vev only had this latpop since Nov 2014 and wanted to know if anyone had any helpful ideas for me... Do I need to make an appt with HP or go to Best Buy and make a purchase?
10-30-2016 10:47 PM
After performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps:
1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]
Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace
2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site
3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different Notebook
Note: If a known good battery is also not charging we need to replace the system board
How to improve the life of a Battery:
1. Power Plan should be set correctly for extended battery life
2. Please keep the Screen Brightness at lower level
3. Please turn OFF Wi-Fi Connection when not in use
4. Please remove the CD/DVD's from the Optical Drive when not in use
Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)
Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8)
Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7)
Calibrating the Notebook Battery (Windows Vista)
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee
10-31-2016 01:17 AM
> I've only had this latpop since Nov 2014 and wanted to know if anyone had any helpful ideas for me.
Run the computer on battery-power until the battery is down to 5%.
Fully recharge it
Again, run the computer on battery-power until the battery is down to 5%.
Fully recharge it
This "exercises" the battery's chemistry to its full potential.
After this, if it still only gives a very-short life, then replace it, either by searching on eBay or any "retail" store (BestBuy).