Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
YousifHujaij Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Says '2% available (plugged in, not charging)'

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. My battery icon says '2%  available (plugged in, not charging)'.  I have done a battery check on Hp Support assistant and it says:

The battery is reporting a failure and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Based on the age of your PC and battery, it appears it is no longer covered by your HP Warranty. REOOW

I'm not sure about replacing the batterry. Please inform me if there is anything easier and or cheaper to do.

Thanks,

Yousif

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
36483 5478 9402
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keep using it on AC power is about it. Batteries are consumable items with a finite life like tires or brakes on a car. When they go, they must be replaced to keep using the laptop as intended. 

0 Kudos
YousifHujaij Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation