Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I too have a late 2016 Spectre X360 - 13-w013dx, Kaby Lake i7. Beautiful 2-in-1! After a couple of days, I noticed the battery was losing charge while shut down. I checked it several times (charge to 100%, shut down, boot up in 24 hours and check the battery - it was usually down to 85 or 86% after just 24 hours. Sometimes it was down even more). It continued to discharge even more if left shutdown for several days.

I got in touch with HP Support a couple of times. Long story short, they remoted in, updated BIOS & a few other things, tested the battery, which was OK. They asked me to charge and let set then check the battery level. I did and same thing, same discharge rate of about 15% in 24 hours and more if left shutdown longer. They had me calibrate the battery and run a different battery test. Battery was fine and recalibtation did nothing in terms of discharging when shutdown. They then decided they wanted me to send the Spectre back to them for repairs.

Before sending it to HP, I wiped the drive & reinstalled Windows. Charged it, shut it down and checked the battery after 24 hours - same battery discharge of 15%. Packed up the Spectre and sent it back to them as instructed.

My Spectre is being delivered back to my house today. HP said it's repaired. Once I get it, I'll charge it to 100% then I'll shut it down for 24 hours to see if the battery has discharged over that period. I'll let you all know what it does.

Obviously, this is NOT a software or even firmware issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks Telstar1948. Please keep us posted.

HP Recommended

Check this out...just ran across it 

http://thewikipost.org/topic/EoQaG6wWSDn63KiQ2tdKPUojTxpIB0fm/New-2017-Spectre-Battery-Drain-while-s...

As I mentioned in my previous post, waiting for my new Spectre to be delivered to me today after repairs by HP. However, the above URL may actually help some of you. At least, HP's come up with something to try to address the battery drainage after shutdown problem everyone's been complaining about.

If my Spectre still has the same issue once I get it up and running, I'll try this fix from the URL above to see if it helps before going back to HP. Maybe I'll get lucky instead and HP's repair will have actually fixed the battery drain :TongueOut:

HP Recommended

My antivirus is blocking access to this site.

Would you be able to copy and paste the content here instead?

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Same with me. Please post here.

HP Recommended

Hmmm... That wiki looks a bit dodgy... if i look at the installation file it is asking to download and run to fix the battery drain, it is just a windows reimaging software. I know it is not a Win 10 issue, so not sure how this would fix. Having said that, now i think about all HP softwares that are preinstalled on the machine, and now i am doubting if those have anything to do with the battery drain! Hmm..

The latest from HP tech support from me is that, they updated the BIOS to F10 version which hasn't done anything, so i have been asked to run a diagnostics report and send them the log file for further investigation.

Still no go at the moment, i have also linked this forum to Tech Support, not sure if there will be an intervention though.

Cheers

HP Recommended

I copied the information but the links are not active once pasted. Sorry folks, you'll have to try the URL itself if you want to look into it. After examining it a little more, it doesn't appear to be something from HP so who knows if it's on point or not. It says it is, but...?

HP Recommended

To me the wiki link looks like a false advertisement for the reimaging tool... it is definitely doesn't look like it is from an official source.. i wouldn't trust it at the moment.. looks to me like someone is making use of the current issues with laptops to pitch and sell their software tools.. this wouldnt be the first time to find something like this on the internet.. watch out..

HP Recommended

A new BIOS was posted today. 

Version:   F.10 Rev.A

The release notes say: - Provides support for Microsoft Windows 10 v1607

HP Recommended

I'm out of town and don't have access to my laptop.

Can someone give this a try and let us know if this finally solves this issue?

Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.