Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Once for both*
HP Recommended

Hi! It did restart twice, once after after install_QIO and once after the flash.exe

When i start pdw flash afterwards it says after pressing get version

X32 TI PD F/w flash tool 20160728

Load IO Lib OK
Load IO Lib OK
TI PD 0x7e Version 0x0,0x31,0x33,0x58 -0x0,0x0,0x14,0x0
TI PD 0x70 Version 0x0,0x31,0x33,0x58 -0x0,0x0,0x14,0x0

HP Recommended
That's what it should say after the install. Prior it says x13.

Weird not seeing the drain fixed. I did turn fast startup back on within windows 10 And usb charging back on in the BIOS too
HP Recommended

Yeah its a shame the fix didnt work for me. I think I have to send the computer back anyway. I think something is wrong with my soundsystem on the left side. The sound gets distorted at even like 50-60 % especially speech in like netflix or on youtube. Its like iam hearing "double" and "vibrating" sound. It would be really good to compare to others before but I dont have that possibility. I love the computer but these two things with the batterydrain and sound really irritate me

HP Recommended

Is there anyway to notify HP about this issue for them to roll out a fix? It seems like even if we make a lot of noise on the forums, no one from HP has chimed in. They either advise you to do a battery calibration or to send the item in. Don't really feel too comfortable sending in my laptop...

HP Recommended

Where did the Sphinx fix come from and what specifically does it do? I'm not too comfortable downloading without knowing details 😞 I'm really glad it's been working for people on this forum!

HP Recommended
Flash.exe has been blocked by my Anti-virus(on another computer), not sure if it's a misinformation or something else. whatever, i ran these tools and it did works! looks like there's no more battery draining, which is cool. Is there any guy who has fixed this to run 'powercfg /energy' again and see if Platform Power Management CapabilitiesSmiley TongueCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer. ?? It seems that the error still exists.
HP Recommended

My computer is a 13.3" Spectre x360 2 in 1 Touch-screen (Model 13-w023dx) with i7-7500 CPU, 8GB RAM, & 512GB SSD.  Born on date is October 2016.  BIOS is upgraded to F.10 with always on charging Disabled.  I have also completely removed the HIbernate function.

After installing the SSD firmware update, I shut the computer off for 16 hours.  Battery was 61% when I shut it down, and at 57% when I started it back up.

Still sounds like too much drain.

Any comments or suggestions?

HP Recommended

Same laptop 13-w023dx with same results after firmware update.

HP Recommended

Thursday just gone and i was looking at the HP webiste at updates for my HP Spectre x360 - 13-4108na as the HP Support Assistant rarely provides updates, and i noticed an update released a few days before for the "HP QHD Touchscreen Controller Firmware Update".

I have installed it and to my surprise Friday 23 hours after shutdown it was still 100%,Yesterday still charged to what i shutdown at and today stayed at the same charge at shutdown.

I havent dont anything mentioned in last few pages of this thread, maybe other people having the same problem could check and you never know it maybe fixed.

Wasnt expecting it to work but did 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.