Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Daar Tutor
Tutor
10 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery drain

My split x2 charges both batterys to 100%, but  when i use the laptop only battery 2 drains, so battey 2 (in the keyboard) drops to 0 the keyboard stops working and battery 1 still shows 90-100%.  Is there a setting to make it run both batteries down equally. plus i dont get a low battery warning because when battery 1 is 100% and 2 is 0% it shows 50% battery life. 

Has starting doing this in the last year. Win 10 all up to date.

64 bit

8 ram

May have to buy a new computer really 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 12732 824 1414
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery drain

@Daar

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I read your post and understand that you have an HP Split X2 laptop and the keyboard stops working when the battery 2 drains out. Also, there is no message about the battery 2 charge left. I'd like to help you with this case. 

I would like to inform you that the battery 2 is mainly for the entire HP Split X2 when it works like a laptop. And the battery 1 is for the tablet screen. The battery 1 will not supply power to the entire laptop. 

If you're not getting battery alert then I suggest you to check if the battery icon is present at the bottom right corner of the screen If the battery icon is missing then you may refer to the steps from this video: http://hp.care/2gphGkU

NOTE: this is a third party link and I request you to ignore the ads. 

Let me know how it goes. Cheers! :)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation