Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dee38 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Battery drains fast

Spectre x360 model 13-4116dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just got my spectre x360 notebook a few days ago and I've noticed how poor the battery life is.   With minimal browsing while connected to wifi , It barely lasts up to 4hours. The screen brightness has been adjusted to the minimum and the battery is on power saving mode. The drain is really worrisome and I have no idea whatelse needs to be done.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14622 958 1592
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Battery drains fast

Hi @dee38,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having battery draining issue on your HP Spectre x360. I'll try my best to help you with this.

Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help to take care of the issue:

You will need to Understand Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology: Click here for details

Please download the latest version of HPSA (HP Support Assistant) for your notebook from the following link: Click here

Once done, you can run the Battery health check for your notebook from this tool, and this will indicate if there is any hardware issue with the battery. In case the test results fail, you can contact support with the "Error code", so that they can help you in replacing the notebook battery.

For more details, click here

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.  

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation