Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 4
71 60 4 3
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery life is bad

Pavilion 14 v042tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all forum user,

I have upgrade my windows from Windows 8.1 64bit to Windows 10 64bit, but there is problem with my notebook battery life, in Windows 8.1 my notebook battery life is about 4 to 5 hours in standard use, but in Windows 10 only 3 hours. I have already installed all software driver from HP. Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
803 779 67 162
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery life is bad

Windows 10 has added functionality that may need more juice out of your pc battery.

You can increase your battery power by reducing the display brightness and perhaps turning off wifi (if not used)

I believe 3 hours is good enough for any notebook.

battery life also depletes after a certain period of time.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
52 52 9 17
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery life is bad

Hi,

you can check your battery status thru HP Support Assistant, it should be preinstalled on your PC. Also check your drivers, and BIOS, if there are new version, they can optimise the batery life. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP employee.
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
71 60 4 3
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery life is bad

I have updated all the driver to the newest version. Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
392 390 28 85
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery life is bad

Hi 

>>try this fallowing step 

In order to correct problems with the battery's power management software, follow the steps below.
1. Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager .
2. Expand the Batteries category.
3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .
WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes .
Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .
Windows will scan your computer for hardware that doesn't have drivers installed, and will install the drivers needed to manage your battery's power. The notebook should now indicate that the battery is charging.

>>if you still  do a battrey test in HPSA 

>>if it fails 

>>call hp 1800-474-6836 

>>get it replaced 

**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
71 60 4 3
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery life is bad

The problem is solved, i just turn on the Battery Saver option, now my notebook battery life is more than 5 hour approximately. Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation