Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DylanL Tutor
Tutor
12 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery life

HP probook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Spoiler

So coming back from my other post about this laptop I was just wanted to make sure that this laptop as advertised says you can get 14 hours and 15 minutes now for me as a student that's awesome but I am required to have 8 hours minimum   if I was to buy this laptop for next year for school to use in the classroom and do work etc with it can I achieve a full day because it says something about  3 cell long life li on 48 whr battery  im talking about the model with the terrranyte hard drive etc i chose this one cause of cost etc. I was going to go with the i7 but I chose the i5 cause I thought they would both be power efficient CPUs but basically to sum it up what can I expect with this laptop and will it give me good battery life thank you :)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
784 34 78
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery life

Battery life is always dependent on many factors. the numbers supplied by HP are based on (typically) Mobile Mark benchmarks, and the current version is MM14. The benchmark makes certain assumptions, including having the screen set to about 1/2 brightness levels

benchmarks are designed to compare devices in a standardized fashion but are imposible to help gauge actual use, because every user has different needs

you can see what the benchmark is all about at https://bapco.com/products/mobilemark-2014/

How you use the laptop will affect your battery life. I suspect you should be able to obtain the 8 hours you require as long as you allow normal power management and keep screen brightness at a reasonable level

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation