Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion x360 13-a000-na
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
My notebook won't charge, when it is plugged in it says 'plugged in and not charging' this only started happening when I upgraded to windows 10, I reset the notebook to factory setting in the hope this would fix the issue but it hasn't. I have followed other steps I have seen on forums which include uninstalling the driver, disconnecting the battery (meant me taking the case apart) I put it all back together and still no fix, I completed a battery check which came back as 'unknown' I have completed all HP updates.

The battery was fine before I installed windows 10 so I can't believe the battery is the fault. The charger is the original it came with. It's about 2 and 1/2 years old

It has no charge at all so if I remove the ac adaptor it instantly turns off.

On start up it comes with a message saying the battery is very low and may need replacing however this is because it has been charged in so long as it won't charge!

Please help!
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You need to replace the battery special if the level of charge is 1 to 0 .

Bios are doing self test fot battery: On start up it comes with a message saying the battery is very low and may need replacing however this is because it has been charged in so long as it won't charge!

If you level of battery is 40 + and is not charging then you can fix it with bios update or your mainboard need replacement.

But at until now i see a dead battery

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.