Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jbruce Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery not detected after replacement

Pavilion 13-a041ca
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After replacing the battery the battery will not charge.

Hitting esc after boot and running diagnostics on the battery shows no battery connected.

I have verified that the battery is indeed connected, no dirt on the pins and no damaged / sunken pins

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
23557 3290 7771
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jbruce

Did you replace the battery with an OEM battery or a China knock-off???

REO

*****************Click the Blue thumb to say thanks*****************
******Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem******
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and Registered Microsoft Partner
****************No stinking badges only SOLUTIONS!!!****************
0 Kudos
jbruce Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All of the markings and part numbers match, if it's a cheap knock-off, it's done very well.  It was purchased from a store here in Canada

0 Kudos
mode94015 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact scame problem, just started.  I had a battery not holding charge anymore, bought a replacmenet battery, and yes has all the write info on it.  But now it does not the detect the battery even though it can run on battery.

0 Kudos
mode94015 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I have a solution for this problem.  After much troubleshooting and fiddling. This worked for me.

I have a HP Pavilion g7-1340dx

I turned the laptop off.

Put the battery in the laptop without AC adapter plugged in.

Once in windows, I uninstalled the Driver for the AC Adapter and Battery from Computer Management

Let the computer sit for about 10 minutes on.

Then let it detect the drivers again.

Plugged the AC adapter back in.

Let sit for 20 minutes on.

When I checked back, the battery is being detected again, with or without AC adapter and after reboot.

So far so good, seems to be working, I had to calibrate the battery as it was in a bad state from the laptop not working properly. But all is good now.  If it messes up again I'll post back.

0 Kudos
jbruce Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I read similar steps somewhere but my problem is that it's not even detected in the system management software that is loaded by hitting esc as soon as the laptop turns on, before going in to Windows.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation