Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have Pav dv6-2170 two yrs old.. Battery said not charging ..but HP assistant said all was "OK" hmmm

but.. I followed instructions below and it worked !! At the end I had to shut down twice for some reason and on

my Driver it was set up a tad different,but easy to find .. still bascially same info.. Thankful I found this blog as i was looking at either a new battery which is a 9v for this lap ---or --- just getting a new lap which I didn't want to do. I'm just one of those people who feels that if things are starting to go wrong/weird on a 2 yr old notebook--then it may pay to look and see if there are any deals out there to be had... instead of shelling out a couple hundred dollars for this, that. etc...  It pays to share info folks..  Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Yeah, I am pretty irritated to say the least. I have tried everything and give up. I am overseas right now and cant get access to any stores for batteries, and batteries can no longer be shipped USPS, and I swear nobody even sells this battery online. I guess when I get home i am going to have to pay more money to get a NICE laptop

HP Recommended

Im having the same problem with my Hp probook 4530s which i bought just a month ago.. it keeps saying "plugged in, not Charging" however i have'nt tried anything still. jus unplugged  the Charging pin and then plugged it again.. i tried it several times and it worked twice..

then when i again remove it and then plug , it says "plugged in, Not Charging"

Kindly Help me Regarding this 

HP Recommended

hp laptop

model #g62-358CA

what could be causing this problem

If I have to do a bios update what will I need to put for old bios and new bios 

HP Recommended

O.K. Honors Student, I got this figured out.

1.) Remove the battery and unplug the computer from the charger.

2.) hold the power switch down on the computer for twenty seconds. This is called a "hard shut down" and will drain all the circuits of power.

3.) Reinstall the battery and leave the computer turned off but connect the power cord.

I found that the computer will charge the battery when turned off. The light where the cord plugs into the computer glows orange instead of white when charging. If it doesn't then go straight to the next step but that's the way It worked for me.

4.)When the battery is charged, (if it does) turn on computer and run the battery down a little so you can see the light turn from white to orange whenbattery starts charging and the problem is fixed.

5.) Download and install HP power Manager Utility software 2012-05-28 , Version:1.40, 7.15M  from the Utility-Tools section of the online resources. This is sp57398.

As the software was installing I saw the light go from white (running on AC) to orange (charging) and now it is fixed.

I spent many hours dealing with all the resources available, once even being told by HP I needed to return my computer to factory specks, then have to deal with the makers of all the software I have purchased and downloaded onto it to get there products back. But this worked for me so I hope it does for you too.

Best wishes. 

HP Recommended
Well folks, while I was writing that last post the little orange light (charging) went back to white (on AC) before the computer was charged. I installed the service pack again and it's charging again but who knows.

It is clear that the service pack is fixing the problem though.
HP Recommended

AHHH I am going to try. My battery is down to 16% plugged in. We keep losing power here in this god forsaken country so it goes down every couple of days, but I am going to try it and hope for the best! I love this computer and I really like HP, but it makes me a tad bit mad this is happening!

HP Recommended

I have been battling with the same problem. I am going to take to different pieces of advice and try this out.

Tried all the advice as posted by HP.

I just bought a brand new battery, as this problem ruined my last battery.

So as a fresh start, any advice to rectifying this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks to ALL.

HP Recommended

SO yes this works, but temporarily. I leave it shut off to charge up because it won't if I do the steps and then turn it on. How annoying. This computer is convenient...but not so much now because the hinge where you flip your laptop open is broken, so sometimes it rests on one hinge. Don't buy this model

HP Recommended

I've been having the same problem.  I just sent my computer to HP to fix this problem and they didn't fix it at all, they just told me to get a new battery.  I got a new battery and I have the same problem still.  I have no idea what to do and I have tried everything that everyone has suggested.  Honestly, I am to the point where I will forget about this HP computer and buy a new one from another company since HP isn't helping me at all.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.