Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jogi43 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Battery plugged in not charging

HP ENVY 15 Notebbook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

Once my laptop was working fine then all of a sudden it shut down automatically and then  I tried to start i was not able to start it without adapter.The battery says it is plugged in charging but actually it is not charging at all.

It is stuck at 0%.And sometime it doed not even detect the battery.I hope you can help me.

My Laptop name : Hp envy 15t-j100 select edition

Product number:F0D26AV

And I purchased this laptop from US and I am using this in India.I contacted the customer care of India and they says that this model is not available in India.So they cannot do about it.

4 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

Hi there @Jogi43

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I understand that your battery is saying that it is plugged in and charging, but it does not actually charge. 

I did some research and found some documents for you based on the issue you had described. 

Please follow these provided troubleshooting steps, re-post and let me know the results.

Thank you!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Jogi43 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post

Hi

I tried all the steps that you suggested.But nothing worked.I think there is a problem with my battery so I need to replace it.

But it is not available in my country (India).So can you tell me how to purchase the battery?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post

Hi there @Jogi43

Here is the HP ENVY 15t-j100 Select Edition CTO Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. Please look at Chapter 5, Page 40. You will see listed there two spare part numbers. Please collaborate with the Battery that you have to make sure that you replace the proper one. 

Capture.PNG

Here is a the HP Part Surfer Website. You will notice that it is already set for India. Please just put the proper Spare Part Number in and Search for the part you need to order. 

Hope this helps! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
tauquir Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post

did ur proble, solved. my j100 has every problem hinge, adapter, battery, 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation