Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gmccoy62 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery plugged in, not charging

Pavillion 13 360x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Community,

I am having an issue with the laptop battery. When it is plugged in, the battery does not charge. The start bar icon says "Plugged in, not charging". I just replaced the AC Adapter this week.  I ran the startup diagnostic test and it said that there was a battery failure but when I run the HP Battery Check throug HP Support Assistant, it says the battery is functioning properly.

1) If I calibrate the battery, will this fix the issue?

2) Does the battery actually need replaced? Getting one diagnostic saying yes and another saying no is confusing and frustrating.

3) If calibration does not fix the issue, is there steps I can try to take to resolve the issue before buying a new battery?

4) If I do need to buy a new battery, can I get a product number for the battery I would need to purchase? I have been trying to find a listing with the battery type on it but I cannot find a list with HP Pavilion 13 360x listed. I looked here (http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentView?storeId=10151&eSpotName=BatteryFinder&cata...) and that includes looking at the list under the "Laptop Not Listed?" button.

Thanks,

A concerned HP user looking for some juice for my battery!

4 REPLIES
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1237
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Please tell us which of these is yours?

HP Pavilion 13-a013cl x360
HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s102tu
HP Pavilion 360 - 13-a232nd
HP Pavilion x360 13-u005tu

Please try the below troubleshooting:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Here is the issue related document, please try:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01297640

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
gmccoy62 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 13-a013cl x360 is the model. The battery is already at 9%.

0 Kudos
gmccoy62 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I uninstalled the driver but the issue still remains. The battery is still not charging. Cannot unplug the laptop and turn it off because it will not start without bring plugged in atm. Does the battery need replaced?

0 Kudos
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1237
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your reply !

Please consider the result after calibrating the battery its more accurate than HP support assistant.

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

If your unit is UNDER WARRANTY and the battery fails, please contact HP and have it replaced.

If not under warranty, you will have purchase. Below is the Battery Details:

Description - Battery, 3-cell, 43-WHr, 2.83-AHr, Li-ion (includes cable)
Spare part number-761230-005.

Contact HP

Check your warranty Here

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation