Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NIKIL_AC Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery replacement Doubts

Hp envy 17 J057CL
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Dear Sir/Mam
My laptop's(Hp envy17 J057CL) battery has lost its capacity to charge. I am looking to replace it by buying a new battery. But the problem is I can't find the battery that suits my laptop. My battery is hp pi06, which I can't find a genuine one in the stores. Is there any store in Philippines that sells a genuine hp Pi06 battery? Is there any other battery from hp that would suit my laptop?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1153 69 135
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NIKIL_AC wrote:
Dear Sir/Mam
My laptop's(Hp envy17 J057CL) battery has lost its capacity to charge. I am looking to replace it by buying a new battery. But the problem is I can't find the battery that suits my laptop. My battery is hp pi06, which I can't find a genuine one in the stores. Is there any store in Philippines that sells a genuine hp Pi06 battery? Is there any other battery from hp that would suit my laptop?

Hi NIKIL_AC,

When you say lost its capacity to charge? Whats the message that you get everytime you start the computer? Kindly hover your mouse to the battery icon and check wether you see "Plug in not charging"?

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
NIKIL_AC Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When ever I switch on my lap the message reads "Battery is very low. Please visit the hp techcenter". Also when I move my mouse over the battery icon it says " plugged in, not charging"
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1153 69 135
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NIKIL_AC wrote:
When ever I switch on my lap the message reads "Battery is very low. Please visit the hp techcenter". Also when I move my mouse over the battery icon it says " plugged in, not charging"

Hi NIKIL_AC,

Theres a high possibility that this is just a driver issue.. Give it a try atleast..

Kindly visit this link for your reference on how to fix "plug in not charging issue" http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/windows-10-update-prevents-batt...

Kindly follow exactly the steps I mentioned to fix plug in not charging

Give us an update if you can!

Cheers para sa tagumpay!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation