Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery replacement for Envy 17 3070NR

Where does one find a replacement battery for the HP Envy17 3070NR.  They are not available on HP website or anywhere else that I could find.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
83,005 82,897 10,407 22,314
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried the following stores ?

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/?cc=US&lang=EN&jumpid=hpr_r1002_usen
   http://partsurfer.hp.com/

The original part # for battery is: 657503-001     6 CELL 91WHr 4.1Ah LI VT06091 BATTERY

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

I checked and found the part on the second link but it seems it can't be ordered online. I'm new to this and would like to know what steps to take.

Thanks,

Munachi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Amazingly, HP does not carry any batteries in stock for this computer..couldn't find it online and today I spent half an hour on the phone with their parts customer rep verifying this fact. Our Envy 17 3070NR is less than two years old and the battery will only charge to 19% (which I really don't even think it is charging to that extent anymore) and I cannot buy a replacement battery. Spent over $1500 on that notebook computer...didn't think it was a disposable item. And I thought that Apple was bad for not having user replaceable batteries in their iPhones and iPads...at least you can pay them a hefty amount and they will replace the battery. HP doesn't even do that. Looks like this will be my last HP item.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This has deployed my rage. 

After about two years of using this machine with great benefit, I watched my screen dim and die last night. There was neither explanation nor warning, and I thank the Nine that I wasn't working on something when it happened. Hitting the power button would result in the power indicator flickering weakly, whether or not the power cord was plugged in. 

This morning, I woke and tried again; same deal. Fortunately I could get online with another machine, and I found a trick (hit power and beats button) that allowed me to get back in briefly. When I did, my battery indicator showed 5% of a charge left; it was oblivious to the fact that a power cord was plugged in. Seconds later, my machine died again. 

I had convinced myself that I would get a new battery at first opportunity. That opportunity happened just now, at work, while I should be productive on other matters. A search, however, informed me that HP doesn't have a replacement battery, nor does any of its 3rd party distributors. (Of those listed, only one identified the part number, and they didn't have the part in stock.) 

My life, learnings, and every freelance project I have worked on within the last two years -- is on that machine. I will let go of the past: it has happened before, and I have learned not to depend on such devices. So I will replace my machine. 

But it won't be with an HP computer.  

For a laptop that costs as much (in emotional and financial value), and does as this model does, this is severely inappropriate. I will be sure to prosyletize this to anyone thinking of purchasing an HP laptop. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since HP is threatening to charge me for calling them, my only option is to bump this thread. Has anyone found a solution of any kind to this problem?

If shipping the device to HP is an option, how does that work? Is the same device returned to you with a new battery? How much does it cost?

Aftermarket battery recommendations are welcome as well. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation