cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ankitbshah
Level 1
14 3 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Battery replacement query

HP Recommended

hi,

my laptop model is dv 2911 tx and it is under warranty so i would like to know whether battery replacement will be covered under warranty or do i have to purchase a new one?

Thank you,

Ankit

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,778
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Support checks the working of a battery using the Battery check tool that is installed in your system. If the diagnostics finds the battery as faulty, you will get the replacement of the battery.

In any case, to answer your question, Yes, battery is covered as a part of warranty if it is not an induced damage or failure caused physically.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
0 Kudos
Ankitbshah
Author
Level 1
14 3 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for reply

Well i been to one of hp service centres in Surat (India) and they told me that they do not cover battery replacement under warranty and care pack of hp.

one more query that i had is i validated the battery and it says that it is not part of replacement program but then why on windows 7 operating system it shows "consider replacing your battery".

thanks again

0 Kudos
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,778
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook battery comes with only one year warranty irrespective of notebook warranty. I am sorry for not making myself clear in my earlier response.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
0 Kudos
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,465
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fairly common in Windows 7 to get the message_"Consider replacing your battery" Read more HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. 

Task manager can be brought up by pressing Ctrl-Alt+Del together or by doing a right-click on the taskbar on the bottom of your screen. 

On the task manager window, you will have a tab for startup items, please go through the applications listed there and disable the applications that you do not use on startup. 

For your other concern with the return of the computer, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation