cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vamsi_Ramineedi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery shows Plugged in, Charging... But it doesn't really charge

Pavilion dv6 6121tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop shows Plugged in, Charging(50% available). But it doesn't really charge. If I remove the power cord connection, the laptop turns off. And it doesn't start anymore with only battery.

Things I was doing when this happened:  I have done some system updates and my windows got some booting issue after the updates. So, I have done the system recovery steps shown while booting. After logging into my windows, my battery stopped charging.

Troubleshooting steps that I tried: I have recovered my system to the last version(which is 2 days before the update). I have also checked my battery with HP Support Assistant and it shows the battery as OK.

Please help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,243 4,159 562 1,256
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Vamsi_Ramineedi,

Welcome to FORUM !!

It could be either the battery itself or the battery connecting port on the laptop.

Try to update the BIOS to the latest available on the HP driver page for your model and see if that works.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/508...

If your PC is still under warranty, I strongly recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance without any delay to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer as this could be a hardware issue.

Verify the warranty status here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty   

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Vamsi_Ramineedi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sure that it is not a battery issue. Because the battery was working fine until I clicked the system update. And my laptop is not under warranty.

Is the technical support only to the laptops under warranty?
I am sure that this issue is related to some kind of charge of settings(in Device Manager) but don't know exactly what to do. Is there any phone number to call the HP support in USA?
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,243 4,159 562 1,256
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please try this 

Contact HP

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation