Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Aitchpk Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery suddenly stops working - computer shuts off despite battery saying its charged.

I have a HDX16 laptop running windows 7.

The battery is a year and a few months old, and yesterday was giving me at least 50 min of battery life. However today, it wont hold a charge at all and my computer shuts down completely whenever the power supply is interrupted for a millisecond. I ask because this is the second time a battery has suddenly stopped working on me and I am wondering if there is a reason for this.

I tried to check the battery condition by hitting esc + f2 when my computer starts up, but there is no battery check option.

Any explanation or advice would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks for your time. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2594 114 524
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery suddenly stops working - computer shuts off despite battery saying its charged.

Hey Aitchpk, 

I'm sorry you're having a battery issue. I would suggest running a battery check using HP Support Assistant if you have it installed on your computer. 

You could also try using this standalone Battery Check.

Do you have any issues like this if you operate the computer without the battery and just have the power cord plugged in?

0 Kudos
RohitShah Student
Student
0 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you get any answer? How to resolve the issue? I think It is not issue with battery, it's issue of Software.

0 Kudos
Aitchpk Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I never found out what the issue was; I just bought a new battery and had no more problems. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation