Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15 TS Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ran the HP PC diagnositcs to test my battery because my computer immedately cuts off when it's unplugged from the charger and won't turn back on unless it's plugged back in. The battery test says "Failed" but didn't give me a failure ID, there's just a dash in the box for that category. How do I figure out what the failure ID is?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@graysonrowan

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting issues with the battery. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile

Update the BIOS.

Click here and refer the HP Document to perform BIOS update.

Once that is done, run the component test on notebook battery.

1. Turn on the computer.

• If your computer does not start normally, press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second until the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI menu displays, then continue to the next step.

• If your computer starts normally, search for HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows, right-click on the app in the search results, then select Run as administrator.

2. Click Component Tests in the main menu.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

3. In the list of Component Tests, click Power.

Selecting the Power tests

4. In the list of Power Tests, click Battery Check or Battery.

Selecting the Battery Test

5. On the Battery Test, click Run once.

The Battery Test begins. The Battery Test takes about two minutes. The Battery Calibration, if needed, requires 2 to 4 hours. You can cancel at any time by pressing the Escape (Esc) key.

Battery Test screen with Run once selected

6. When the testing is done, review the first line on the Battery Check page that displays for the status o

If you get any error, contact HP Phone Support with the error code for more assistance.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.