cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sisterjules
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Battery won't charge on Compaq Presario

HP Recommended

I just received a compaq presario cq57 and the battery wont charge how do i fix this? I ran a battery check test and it said it encountered an error and to reinsert battery and  the AC adapter. I did this several times and received the error message each time. The battery indicator is marked with a red "x" and the laptop wont run without being plugged into the adaptor. I have tried shutting the laptop down and leaving it plugged into the charger overnite and it still refuses to charge. I am running windows 7 home premium and there have been no changes made. Also, updates are installed on a regular basis.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
scorpio2k2
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

did you tried to remove your battery, remove cord , put battery back and cord back ?

sry for my english

Debian Tutorials
0 Kudos
sisterjules
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I tried that. I still received the same error message when running the battery check.

0 Kudos
ashkaz09
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
you could try taking the battery out, and the RAM, (in other words do a RAM flash reset) and then put it all back together. it worked for me 🙂
0 Kudos
Wjeune2017
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
What do you mean the ram
0 Kudos
Wjeune2017
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
What do you mean the ram. Do I have to break the whole laptop down
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation