cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AaronDude
Level 2
18 16 0 2
Message 101 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

This is crazy, I see hundreds of posts about this issue everywhere even dating from 2011 and possibly earlier.  HP really has no clue and I don't think IDT cares to fix it either.  If only we could just get some phone numbers and email addresses of people that can actually fix the problem so we can complain to them.  What irks me is how hard would it actually be to make the check box work to disable beats?  Its been three years and they can't fix something that seems to be so simple?  I got a new windows 8.1 laptop with beats running the latest drivers so I'm going to ignore hps advice to update or roll back the driver or any other of these fixes that may render the computer useless.

This is simply a bug a major bug in the driver that needs fixed period.  I don't think we're going to get much done complaining about it on the support board, but it can't hurt.

I've tried to get used to it for days but it's just unbearable.  I'm gonna have to switch back to the syba usb card with the c media chip.  The beats tech is just a marketing gimmick as far as I'm concerned.  I was listening to some classical music and in some sections there was mostly just static and of course the weird audio fluctuations.  I know that's not how the artists intended on the music sounding.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/675228-fix-workaround-beats-audio-volume-problem-levelin... has some interesting workarounds.  Sounds like the newest IDT generic driver fixes the problem.  Now if only they could take that driver and base a beats audio update on it.  We really need to use all the speakers.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
CPerdomo73
Level 3
37 36 0 7
Message 102 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AaronDude wrote:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/675228-fix-workaround-beats-audio-volume-problem-levelin... has some interesting workarounds.  Sounds like the newest IDT generic driver fixes the problem.  Now if only they could take that driver and base a beats audio update on it.  We really need to use all the speakers.

Aaron, have you tried this driver solution? by reading the testimonies it seems like it's working.

0 Kudos
AaronDude
Level 2
18 16 0 2
Message 103 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's an interesting fix but I'm not going to try it because I want all of my laptop speakers to stay functional.  They have another fix there but it supposedly doesnt work on the newer beats audio drivers.  I don't want to really mess things up so I'm going to leave it for now and use the syba.

0 Kudos
YO10
Level 2
17 17 0 1
Message 104 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey guys, It i's not a matter of guessing, and that is what you al, have been trying to do,,"maybe this or that"

In implementing one of your FIXES, from one of you, my HP laptop crashes...it could the booting command to start..all thanks to your buddy ...and this is HP?..the second worse was from Perdomo...

[Keep it courteous and on topic]

I am receiving emaisl from everybody..all are just guessing if theirr patch will work..from HP teachers, honor students,and after my first experience with an HP  TEACHER,where my Pavilion DV6 chashed,,,and then Perdomo´s...?...

I have maybe 7 NEW approches to fixing the FLUCTUATION problem...are you awarev of the problem?, or shalI explain it to you!.

Have a good time resolving this problem..and have the knowledge to solve this problem...

I ended up purchasinfg a MAC...more expensive, but designed by people that know their job...you do not!

Regards and stop playing and using us as QA....

Robert Allen, Eng. consultant

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
YO10
Level 2
17 17 0 1
Message 105 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear HP.

You and your moderators team DO not undestand the nature of the pronlem....

YOU all quoted " Keep it courteous and on topic",,weel send a recall toall your mistakes, apologize and give us a solution..,not a guess.

Courtesy and mistakes, from ?HP are beyond your undestanding, regarding QUALITY,,,,I would start with all of you BOARD of INCOMPETENTS,,,and that is COURTESY...

I would like a refund for the damages that ALL of you caused,,,,

And please...do not even dare to address courtesy..behind your team of your people....this is an open forum...and freedom of speech...just fix the problem and shut up!

Regards and have a pleasant evening,,,,keep Perdomo and those inconpetent people away from this FIX forum

Robert Allen, YO10

0 Kudos
YO10
Level 2
17 17 0 1
Message 106 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey MrMatthew I want a refund or another Pavilion dv6-----is this courtesy?...or send me a MAC, and be well educated, and apologize...for the garbage that you, HP and all are manufacturing...

Robert Allen
0 Kudos
Highlighted
CPerdomo73
Level 3
37 36 0 7
Message 107 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@YO10 wrote:

In implementing one of your FIXES, from one of you, my HP laptop crashes...it could the booting command to start..all thanks to your buddy ...and this is HP?..the second worse was from Perdomo...

I am receiving emaisl from everybody..all are just guessing if theirr patch will work..from HP teachers, honor students,and after my first experience with an HP  TEACHER,where my Pavilion DV6 chashed,,,and then Perdomo´s...?...

I ended up purchasinfg a MAC...more expensive, but designed by people that know their job...you do not!

Regards and stop playing and using us as QA....

Robert Allen, Eng. consultant

Robert, I'm sorry about your laptop. I can understand your frustration. I'm trying to make sense of your message but I can't. I don't send email to anybody. I think you have me confused with someone else. What I did with my laptop was to reverse the drivers. This allowed me to use the sound drivers without the Beats system. By the way, I am a musician and use this laptop every week. I think you are totaly confused since we don't work for HP.

I'm sorry that you had to resource to buying a Mac...

Thanks,

0 Kudos
YO10
Level 2
17 17 0 1
Message 108 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear CPerdomo,

In going through my notes and modifications to software, and patches, you were correct, your patch did not cause the crash problem...and I apologize for that comment, but yours did not do almost anything...but at least did not damage anything,

Just prior to your patch, I implemented Sparkles1 (Grad Student) patch....and that FIX caused all the problem!....Since HP Pavilion dv6 win 7 comes with the software installed, there was no way to get a "system repair disk". So you can imagine my frustration...Anyhow, the rest is history...

Question....Have you developed a reliable patch for the problem?. I purchased a copy of win 7...I'll keep this HP  for backup and use the Mac for pro mixing audio, and circuit design.

Regards, Robert Allen

0 Kudos
CPerdomo73
Level 3
37 36 0 7
Message 109 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@YO10 wrote:

Dear CPerdomo,

... Question....Have you developed a reliable patch for the problem?. I purchased a copy of win 7...I'll keep this HP  for backup and use the Mac for pro mixing audio, and circuit design...

Regards, Robert Allen

Robert, I'm not a software designer nor a programmer. I am just a customer like you who bought an HP ENVY m6 and had the problem with the sound fluctuation.  I, like you, tried all the answers, downloads, drivers, etc. that have been offered on this forum to no avail. I continued to work on my laptop on my own and finally "reverted" the sound driver. This offered a solution to the sound fluctuation but made the Beats Audio system useless.

Since I have to use this computer for my music (I'm a musician) I had to stay with this solution because I cannot have my music fluctuating up and down while I perform in front of people. I am as frustrated and disappointed as you about how HP is handling this situation. [Content Removed]

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

0 Kudos
YO10
Level 2
17 17 0 1
Message 110 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It was an honest effort to fix the problem...and we know how important a good machine is, part of our income depends on our tools. Again, I want to apologize about my comments,

Regards and good luck..if you find a FIX, please let me know,,,,I wil do the same

Robert

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation