cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
17 17 0 1
Message 121 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

Poor, and impossible to implement this "beta"..System just got worse. Go back to IDT, and get REAL solutions !!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 11 0 1
Message 122 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still no luck with the fix... music is still unlistenable on my laptop 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,122 2,806 126 324
Message 123 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello cylondescendant,

Thank you for the information. I checked out the driver that is available from the download page for your notebook, and the driver that is available is from 2012-11-30. I have been able to locate a driver that will work with your HP Envy M6-1184ca, and was updated 2013-02-22. I have included the link 'IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver'.

Please let me know the outcome of installing the updated driver.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
17 17 0 1
Message 124 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear HP,

I have been trying to solve IDTs poor design, and as result I ended up purchasing a MAC..and applicable software...I do not have time to try out you many, many screwups..from any levels...and I do not have timer, nor the interest to keep on BETA testing ...HP had a bad choice, very bad indeed.

The poor combination of my OS, HP,  and IDT, due to incompetent management FUs... I am gone!

This is not a game...nor HPs knowledge level contest.

I just hyave ONE question...How can I remove ALL your ITDs garbage and all your "fixes" and  just keep Windows Media, plain, without any "garbage" from all of you...Is there ANYBOBY in your "fantastic group of experts and bla, bla"  to send me ,us a procedure to remove this garbage of IDT, and , of course HPs CYA solutions!

Robert Allen

Highlighted
Level 2
18 16 0 2
Message 125 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cyclondescendant,   So you've decided to dump the IDT Beats Driver?  Like others have said if you install the generic windows driver three of your five speakers(I'm assuming you have a beats audio computer with those five speakers) will no longer be used.  The sound of your remaining speakers will be so small you'll always have to use headphones or plug in bigger speakers.  The plus is, of course, any audio coming from the headphone jack will sound fantastic and real.

I'm just going to say it, Nobody should try reinstalling or updating the drivers or any of these other fixes suggested that involve the beats audio drivers.  They do not work period and won't work untill the bugs are fixed and they have not been fixed.  If you do a google search on this it's been a problem for at least a couple of years now even after multiple updates to the drivers.  Evidently IDT doesn't do any extensive testing on their beats audio drivers.  The generic IDT drivers work fine but with them as well you only use two of the five speakers.  The generic windows driver is the best solution in my opinion.

It was kind of a pain in the rear for me to get the generic windows audio driver on mine because the beats audio idt driver would reinstall itself after a restart.  It took me seven tries and restarts to finally figure it out because I'm not that bright.  I'll tell you how I finally got the generic windows audio driver to stick though.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on any of these instructions but this is what I believed worked for me.  Open up the windows Control Panel, click on System and Security,  click on System on the next screen, then click on Device Manager.  Go down to Sound Video game controlers and right clcik on the IDT Driver and uninstall.  You're sound will not work now, that's fine.  Restart the computer.  For me it would install the generic windows audio driver after the restart and about a half minute later reinstall the beats driver.  If that happens I believe you will have to go back to device manager and Roll Back the driver.  When you roll it back it should roll it back to the generic driver.  It should stick now.  At least that's what worked for me.

The audio chip itself is fantastic, it's a shame it's held back by crummy dr dre drivers.

Highlighted
Level 2
17 17 0 1
Message 126 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you,,

This is the fist real anwer that I have received, and I do appreciate your commets.

I will try using this HP Pavillion dv6 laptop with the IDT  garbage included,,with most of the HP fixes..that non of them worked ,,,,YOU are the first that addresses a problem, with no solution, except yours,

Thanks again, and I will try to implement your comments ASAP,

Regards,

Robert Allen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 127 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

i need for deriver of hp sounds

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 128 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy 14 TS. Had the same audio problems. In my case the problem appeared when the notebook was connected to the AC adapter. In battery mode the problem was gone. I tried reinstalling audio and network drivers but no good.

I reinstalled windows 8, erasing the files option. The problem persisted when connected to the AC. Then I disabled the windows update options and only updated the driver/software updates from the HP support assitance.

So far the problem is gone. I still have to make the windows updates and see if any of those triggers the problem.

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 129 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Had the audio fluctuation problem on HP dv-7 so downloaded sp57966 and that solved that problem.  Now the only thing that will play is streaming audio from the internet. Can't play windows media or I-tunes.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 130 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the HP Envy 15J118SO and experience huge problems with great volume fluctutation... It's really terrible and I can barely listen to music due to it... 

I'm asking you who have had the same problem, how did you solve this?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation