cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 141 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Beats Audio fluctuates on dv6-70XX & dv7-70XX model notebooks.

Hamidabr,

The flaw you mention, sound fluctuations / pulsing, has been identified by many others.

A very tiny sampling of people who have also experienced this, are in this thread.

I noticed it in my HP Pavilion dv7t-6c00

Product #: A183AV

When the laptop is used professionally in a studio, or simply mic'd for entertainment through an entire system, this sound is frankly, -nauseating.  Clearly, they realize the flaw. What can be done? Software modification? Hardware?

Evidently, niether HP engineers and marketing, nor those at Beats Audio care at all about this. It has fallen into the cracks of consumer ripoffs. I share your frustration with this matter, but until someone in a responsible position comes forward to address this in an effective manner, that is the way this cookie crumbled.

Anyone else?!  

Highlighted
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 142 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried this.

It works.

Thank you. 🙂

Model: Pavilion dv7t-6c00

Product#: A183AV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 143 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What have you tried ? 

*My problem is with the beats subwoofer triple bass , is not working at all .

Model: Pavilion dv7-7004sl

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 144 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hamidabr wrote:
Hi please help me, my loptop is dv6-7070se product number is B1U39EA,when i play music the sound have a bad fluctuation,after play again its good but after few second its turn low again and have bad quality.please help me.. 😞

ANSWER:

Scroll back to message 137/142. **

Implement that procedure. I am not a programmer / code writer, etc. I fumbled around a bit, and unzipped the folder at the end of this post. I was then able -somehow- to download the code into the appropriate folder*.

Unlike the directions, I simply followed as closely as possible to the directions provided after that.; In the Beats Audio "applet" within your control panel---> hardware and sound, toggle between music to another choice and back to music. After that, I performed a restart -why not?

It worked. Pulsing, sound fluctuation has disappeared and I'm very appreciative. Good luck.

* Someone else using this forum should be able to provide a simple step-by-step procedure as to how I managed to do this. It was not difficult, but I was somewhat lucky to get this done as quickly as I did. It not require any "cut and paste", rather easy usage of readily available pull-down menus.

"After a bit of experimentation, I have found that there are SRS functions that are turned on that you cannot change or turn of via the Beats GUI. Namely MaxV and VolumeIQ. Both automatically control the volume level.VolumeIQ is essentially a automatic gain controller and limiter. MaxV is gain optimizer that provides increased gain when it believes that it is called for. However they can be adjusted or turned off via the XML configuration file in the "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM" directory. I have attached the modified XML file that adjusts off both functions. There are other XML configuration files for different models. You can tell which file your laptop uses by checking the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IDT\Config\UI" key in the registry. Look for a value called "Config_SRSPreset". It will contain the XML your laptop uses. The attached configuration file is modified for the Envy 15-3040nr and the name is "Lauren2.xml".

1. Backup your "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\Lauren2.xml" file. (I just make a copy in the same directory and place an underscore in front of it.)

2. Download and unzip the attached "Lauren2.xml" file (link below) and copy it into the "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\" directory.

3. Open up the Beats tray applet and change the current Listening Experience from Music to 3D and then back to Music. (There is no need to reboot - this file gets processed every time you modify or open the Beats applet).

4. Try it out!"

Here is a link to the file 'Lauren2.zip' which contains the xml file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Axpnk25BGqSDNlZm5mY2J4dDg/view?usp=sharing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 145 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Answer-

Scroll down and read my response to H.

I tried that procedure, and it worked for my  laptop model #dv7t-6c00

No more sound fluctuations 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 146 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DemigodRubi wrote:

What have you tried ? 

*My problem is with the beats subwoofer triple bass , is not working at all .

Model: Pavilion dv7-7004sl

OopS! Scroll down and read my posts. Tried THAT.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 147 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is this a fix for the compression/Limiter? is that the fluctuation?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 148 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. Fix for whater is causing fluctuation. Try it, you'll like it. Worked for me. Scroll.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 149 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

would it work for the Pavilion 15-p199sa? or has anyone found a fix for the p100 series?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 14 0 3
Message 150 of 160
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a similar fix for the version which uses RealTek drivers?

Edited to add: I just realize the laptop I have that's infected with Beats annoyances isn't a dv7 model; my older Pavilion which has amazing quality standard IDT drivers is. So I'm sorry if the RealTek question doesn't apply to anyone in this thread. I'm just kind of desperate to get decent audio quality out of a laptop that sure wasn't anywhere near cheap enough to justify living with this mess.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation