Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KennohSama Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Beeps on my HP Pavilion Notebook

HP Pavilion - 17-g188nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is this quiet beep and sometimes it's  sounds long . It happens on random timess. Can anyone help? The machine is working perfectly though.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2282
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KennohSama

Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,
I’d like to help :)

As I understand the notebook is working, however, you get beeping noises at times,

Don't worry I have a few steps that would help you resolve this concern,

It is normal for the computer to make one or two short beeps during the startup process or during a BIOS update. Let the process continue and do not interrupt it.

However, if the computer beeps and Windows doesn't start properly, a more serious hardware problem exists. The most common problems that cause beeping sounds are:

• Memory and heat-related failures caused by a build-up of dust in critical cooling areas

• A keyboard key is stuck

• A memory DIMM or hard drive cable is not seated properly

• A component on the motherboard has failed

• A basic computer function was unable to start

For more details, Click here

More related information can be found here.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
KennohSama Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi thank you for replying , well i don't hear any beeps at the startup , not a single one , it's just at random times when my computer is already " on" , not in specific times like ( when i'm browsing or whatever ) this just happen on random times , sometimes the beeps are short and sometimes pretty long , usually just one beep , it can happen anytime ,i updated BIOS to last version , graphic cards too , and im still hearing those annoying beeps , 

thanks for taking  time on my case  .

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2282
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KennohSama

Could you give me a few more details, so I may retrieve an accurate solution,

is there a specific program that triggers this beep?

Have you tried turning off the sticky and filter keys and then check if the beeps are stopped?

When was the last time it was working fine? without the beeps?

Eager to help,

Please reply for further assistance,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
KennohSama Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

Hi , about sticky keys  no no way , i know exactly how that sound , those beeps that i'm talking about are different !

When was the last time it was working fine? the first day i had it .

without the beeps? i don't hear them everyday /hour , just sometimes , not in the startup as i said before , 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1163 2312
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @KennohSama,

I thank you for your response. If the computer works correctly without hassles and the beeps are not too frequent, there should be no cause for concern. you could just ignore it.

Hope this helps. Please keep me posted about it. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation