cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Beginner Question: How to set up dual monitors for HP Elitebook and Ultraslim Dock

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

So I have two EliteDisplay E231 monitors that I would like to use to set up a dual monitor display. They both have VGA connection cables but unfortunately the ultraslim dock only has one VGA port on the back. I tried plugging one into the dock and one to the computer itself but that didn't work.

How do I go about setting up a dual monitor set up? Is it possible?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
87,173 87,057 11,090 23,818
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, you can't use that way. You need a different dock which supports 2 external monitors (sometimes called DisplayLink (one word) certified), example

http://www.ht.com.au/gclid/CLPp7t2w8MoCFVcmvQodNwsKFA/part/AT957-HP-Dual-Output-USB-Graphics-Adapter...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would I need one or two of those? Would I need to purchase any additional cables? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
87,173 87,057 11,090 23,818
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need one only. From the above link it has in the box:

1 x DVI-VGA adapter
   1 x USB power splitter cable

From your post, your 2 monitors only have VGA port therefore you need one more cable to convert from DP to VGA

Regards.
BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation