Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zoranhajdukov Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Best operating system for HP Pavilion G7 1200em

HP Pavilion G7 1200 em

I must reinstal my laptop, so can somebody help me? Which operating system is most suitable for these laptops - HP Pavilion G7 1200em wiht 4GB of RAM memorise?

Thank in advice!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
PhD Student
PhD Student
740 739 91 157
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI.

The best operating system is the one that always comes with the factory equipment since the drivers and devices made for system, otherwise if you have a simple integrated graphics and modis RAM memory, it is recommended windows 7 32 bit if you do not think about Update the memory, although windows 10 came out to be faster than windows 7, for many computers is not, as your hardware does not feel good or has compatibility problems and drivers.

The decision is yours.

If in the future you think to upgrade it is recommended 64-bit system. To know that the old graphics with windows 10 usually overheat more than usual.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
Provost Provost
Provost
15827 15771 1465 3512
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

zoranhajdukov

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Your PC came in two different models -- one with Win7 preinstalled, and another with Win8 preinstalled. We have no way of knowing which one yours came with.

And that is a problem ... because your PC is only licensed for one of those OS versions.  If you reinstall it using HP OEM Recovery Media for the right version, it will reactivate automatically. IF you reinstall it using any other version, including anything you obtain from Microsoft, it will NOT activate.

Of course, you can reinstall with media from Microsoft, but then, you would have to purchase your own license to activate it.

To add to the problems, HP does not appear to carry the Recovery Media for your PC anymore.  So, if you want to use that, you would need to see if either of these sites carry it:  http://www.computersurgeons.com/ and http://www.restoredisks.com/

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation